Grayed-out nails

February 24th, 2010

The photo of my gray nails on Monday seemed to really excite a lot of you, and someone left a comment (Stephanie – but no blog listed for me to give this girl credit!) about Rescue Nails and their awesome gray polishes. Oh my, was she ever correct! Two lovely grays + a pinkish gray and greenish gray. Be still my heart, I need you. Confession: I bit my nails until I was about 21 years old. I stopped, but I HAVE to have nail polish on at all times to stop myself! I think I’ve worn every color there is, but I love all the new fun colors outside of pink and red that are coming out lately.

28 Responses to “Grayed-out nails”

1. Raquel Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Great colors! I'm in love with nail polish right now :D
    xx

2. Erin Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Ou thanks for sharing. I'm currently obsessed with gray nail polish right now and these are perfect.

3. jamie Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 4:02 pm

i *never* wear nail polish. one of my old tomb boy ways that really stuck. i tried a while back but it got so chippy so fast. is it just the brand? did i buy too cheap? i am such a dork.

4. karmen Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 4:09 pm

What color is the 3rd one you posted? I went to their website but I can't seem to find that one on there? Thanks!

5. Kate Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Karmen it's called "concrete jungle" 2nd down on the very left.

6. belle Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Oh I love that pinkish grey! I think I have to have it…

7. Sarah Bradley Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I love the pinkish gray. I think it might be the perfect thing for spring!

8. karmen Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Thanks, Kate. My monitor must be wonky… or my eyes!

9. twilight at morningside Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Love these grays!

This isn't quite as spring-like, but occasionally I like wearing OPIs Metro Chic (Sephora only). It's a smoky gray with hint of purple.

10. kelly Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 5:13 pm

i'm 27 and i STILL bite my nails like a 1st grader. it's absolutely disgusting and i hate it but it's just a bad habit i can't kick. the only time i was able to *sorta* stop was getting a weekly manicure but then i ended up chewing off the polish (omg, disgusting, i know). how did you stop?!

11. coolhntr Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 5:27 pm

you are a trooper to always have your nails painted. i love it when i do but i just can't keep up with it because i am always working in the yard and messing them up.

any suggestions on nail routine?

12. Rebecca Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 5:49 pm

These colours are stunning! I don't often find colours that I like as I just don't like cutesy shimmery ones, but I'd love to get my hands on these!!

13. char_atch Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 6:28 pm

How did you stop biting your nails? I'm 23 and still biting.

14. meighan Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Girl, you are such a maverick…when you posted about the OPI/sephora gray last year I went right out & bought that shizz. It is still my fav color. AND I meant to say something when we were hanging out last weekend about your nails!

15. Kim Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 7:28 pm

I loveee gray nail polish. I just ordered Essie's Chinchilly and OPI's You Don't Know Jacques (a more taupe-y color) on ebay. I hope the polishes turn out okay!

16. Erin Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 7:37 pm

The only solution I've found to keep away from my nails is to get fake ones in a simple french manicure. Not too fancy and still clean looking. Plus, you can't pick at them if they're covered in a thick layer of acrylic!

17. erin / atlantic treefox Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 8:04 pm

im dying over that green.

18. goldene Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 10:20 pm

what a great color palette! it's nice to see some new and unexpected colors lately.

19. enilorac Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I love all the colors you posted especially the green.

20. in dreams Says:

February 24th, 2010 at 11:05 pm

looove the stormy, but woah to the $38US shipping charge to get to canada! ugh. i think i just need to open my own store to justify spending that much on shipping…!

21. abby Says:

February 25th, 2010 at 12:52 am

i love these. i hope they dont chip like the ones at american apparel.

22. celebrittany Says:

February 25th, 2010 at 2:10 am

ooooh i love those grays!! gray is one i don't have yet. i must get some asap.

23. Sandy Says:

February 25th, 2010 at 2:33 am

I have that habit of biting my nails too… however I'm only 19… that's still horrible! I can help but to chew on them when I'm anxious or something. I'm trying to stop and growing them out right now :|

24. Stephanie Says:

February 25th, 2010 at 2:59 am

just spreadin' the love of everything gray :) enjoy!

25. tothemetal Says:

February 25th, 2010 at 11:32 am

Thanks for sharing Kate! I must have the Concrete Jungle!

26. Megan Says:

February 25th, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I SO agree with this recommendation…I only have "concrete jungle," but that polish alone has made me decide that RBL is my favorite nail polish line…seriously, one coat and you're done…but I was expecting it to be more of a grey, when instead it has a bluish tinge to it…I am still on the hunt for the perfect shade of grey!

27. leighmccoy Says:

February 27th, 2010 at 4:38 am

ow ow, pinkish gray will become my next purchase.

28. amy Says:

March 3rd, 2010 at 3:15 am

Love these! I picked up some "different" colors recently. For a bit darker gray w/ purplish tint (currently on my toes!), try "Metro Chic" by OPI for Sephora. Actually this may be what someone else already referred to above? I also got "Caffeine Fix" – very deep plum/burgundy/coffee color which I love! And I've heard about this Chinchilly! I may need to add to my collection!