Spring Slacks

February 17th, 2010

I’ve never been able to pull them off well, but I think this Spring I’d like to wear lots of slacks rather than jeans all the time. I think maybe high-wasted and paired with leather shoes and a very girly shirt would help achieve the look. These two lovelies at Frances May from Apiece Apart and Steven Alan are so dang perfect.

21 Responses to “Spring Slacks”

1. sandy caribou Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 3:29 am

i'm still searing for my perfect pair of slacks. congratulations on your lovely find!

2. Roberta Jane Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 4:04 am

These are both great! But I was thinking something seemed odd about these pictures, then I realized the girls are wearing HUGE shoes – so weird! Now i can't get past it – haha!

3. Lexie Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 4:10 am

i really like the second pair.

4. brittany wallace Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 4:12 am

oh, i really like both of these

5. Kate Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 4:53 am

you're totally right, Roberta! You can see how far forward her foot is in the second photo, haha! Though I will say with my giant feet that's what the top ones look like on me when I wear those kinds of shoes!

6. Lili Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 5:20 am

I've been trying to find a really nice pair of slacks that compliment hip-y girls (not to be confused with "hippy girls"). Definitely can't do narrow leg so I may try and find some super structured straight legs and nix the high waist instead. The colors in the first pair are perfect though. Definitely a spring-summer-fall crossover piece.

7. Anonymous Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 5:39 am

be careful with this one kate. i dunno how much billy is gonna like high waisted slacks and man shoes.

8. Chaucee Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Love this one – and I think I'd like to try to wear more slacks as well. I wear jeans a lot of the time (as well as dresses) but hey become too hot in the summer!

9. nina Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 2:28 pm

i was just thinking the same thing about slacks. need to stop wearing jeans all the time. these two slack are wonderful. just the right thing for spring!

10. kim Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 2:48 pm

I really love the second pair. And the too big shoes bothered me at first, too.

11. jenny gordy Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 5:00 pm

kate, i've been dying for this exact same look for spring! i love the slacks and oxfords paired with a girly blouse (tucked in) for spring. i really need to find a pair of pants that look good (not an easy task). i'm getting really sick of always wearing jeans too. i need to try on these steven alan ones.

12. katrina Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 5:24 pm

it's so hard to find slacks that have a really good fit! but i love this look.
    i want the shoes from the first picture! they sort of remind me of the toms shoes that came out not too long ago.

13. Frances May Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Roberta- you totally busted us. We haven't received our women's shoes so I put Olivia in the men's. I like menswear on women.
    Kate- I'm glad you approve. Love the blog. I read it daily!
    xo

14. Renee (eatliveshop.com) Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 7:09 pm

i love both of these looks! it's such a freshing change to denim and i'm hoping to find the perfect pair of slacks for spring-if i can pull it off!

15. Anonymous Says:

February 17th, 2010 at 8:57 pm

the first pants are giving a model with zero body fat a paunch.

16. jenny gordy Says:

February 18th, 2010 at 12:00 am

after looking online for two-tone oxfords, i finally figured out that these awesome shoes are men's styles! there are some amazing rachel comey men's boots that they have the women models wearing on the frances may site too. i wish they had these in women's so bad! i'm sure once they get their spring shoes in there will be lots to choose from though.

17. victoria.renee Says:

February 18th, 2010 at 7:19 pm

what a find! these slacks are gorgeous [and totally timeless, too.]

18. emma brown trithart Says:

February 18th, 2010 at 7:42 pm

those top ones are to die for. Can you imagine in the summertime? Chunky heel sandals and a light flowy top? If only my bank account would allow it…

19. Rebecca (Dog-Eared) Says:

February 19th, 2010 at 10:50 am

the shoes in that first photo are amazing. i think you should start there!

20. mosey Says:

February 21st, 2010 at 7:46 pm

I'm with you on that. These are great picks too… thanks :)

21. Gifts for Dads Says:

March 17th, 2010 at 10:21 am

Excellent Article! I personally really appreciate your article. This is a great website. I will make sure that I stop back again!.