Spring Slacks

I’ve never been able to pull them off well, but I think this Spring I’d like to wear lots of slacks rather than jeans all the time. I think maybe high-wasted and paired with leather shoes and a very girly shirt would help achieve the look. These two lovelies at Frances May from Apiece Apart and Steven Alan are so dang perfect.

Comments

1. Roberta Jane says

These are both great! But I was thinking something seemed odd about these pictures, then I realized the girls are wearing HUGE shoes – so weird! Now i can't get past it – haha!

2. Kate says

you're totally right, Roberta! You can see how far forward her foot is in the second photo, haha! Though I will say with my giant feet that's what the top ones look like on me when I wear those kinds of shoes!

3. Lili says

I've been trying to find a really nice pair of slacks that compliment hip-y girls (not to be confused with "hippy girls"). Definitely can't do narrow leg so I may try and find some super structured straight legs and nix the high waist instead. The colors in the first pair are perfect though. Definitely a spring-summer-fall crossover piece.

4. Chaucee says

Love this one – and I think I'd like to try to wear more slacks as well. I wear jeans a lot of the time (as well as dresses) but hey become too hot in the summer!

5. nina says

i was just thinking the same thing about slacks. need to stop wearing jeans all the time. these two slack are wonderful. just the right thing for spring!

6. jenny gordy says

kate, i've been dying for this exact same look for spring! i love the slacks and oxfords paired with a girly blouse (tucked in) for spring. i really need to find a pair of pants that look good (not an easy task). i'm getting really sick of always wearing jeans too. i need to try on these steven alan ones.

7. katrina says

it's so hard to find slacks that have a really good fit! but i love this look.
    i want the shoes from the first picture! they sort of remind me of the toms shoes that came out not too long ago.

8. Frances May says

Roberta- you totally busted us. We haven't received our women's shoes so I put Olivia in the men's. I like menswear on women.
    Kate- I'm glad you approve. Love the blog. I read it daily!
    xo

9. Renee (eatliveshop.com) says

i love both of these looks! it's such a freshing change to denim and i'm hoping to find the perfect pair of slacks for spring-if i can pull it off!

10. jenny gordy says

after looking online for two-tone oxfords, i finally figured out that these awesome shoes are men's styles! there are some amazing rachel comey men's boots that they have the women models wearing on the frances may site too. i wish they had these in women's so bad! i'm sure once they get their spring shoes in there will be lots to choose from though.

11. emma brown trithart says

those top ones are to die for. Can you imagine in the summertime? Chunky heel sandals and a light flowy top? If only my bank account would allow it…