The 101 Best Sandwiches in New York

Last night Billy was flipping through this week’s issue of New York Magazine that had just arrived, when he let out a gasp. He turned the magazine around to me, eyes wide, to a page titled “The 101 Best Sandwiches in New York.” Naturally I gasped back. And you know what? We’ve only had the pleasure of eating maybe five of those sandwiches. We have a lot of work ahead of us, folks. Don’t read the list if you’re hungry, trust me.

Comments

The scuttlebutt from Salite (pictured top left & #7 on the list) is my new all-time favorite sandwich, and I feel so lucky to live close within walking distance of it. Definitely a must-try. I couldn’t believe how many I haven’t had either, but I’m excited to change that!

2. Old Man Steinman says

We expect to enjoy at least three of these beauties when we come to NYC for the show in October.
    OMS

You warned us, and now I am really craving a great sandwich. I’m amazed and a bit ashamed to say that I’ve not had much on this list, being from the NY area. I really, really want a crusty, chewy bagel with whitefish right now!

i dont even need to check if that top right photo is Bale. i love vietnamese/french cuisine so much!!! i have been eating those sandwiches since i was a child!! <3

you could hear my gasp all the way across town. had one look at the pulled pork sandwich at dickson’s farmstand meats, and i knew i had to have them all. (and that was only #92!)

6. allison says

i always get my NYmag a week behind i think…so i cannnnnot WAIT to flip through this sandwich spread! VIVA LA SANDWICH! ♥

my boyfriend hadn’t eaten meat in two years, until we went to an organic delicatassen in brooklyn the other day and he got a pastrami sandwich. said it was the best thing he has ever had. new york is the best.