Friday Bits

Friday Bits is taking a new shape. Though I need to cut back on my weekly blogging, I still come across so many fantastic things out there on the internet, and still need the release of sharing. I can’t keep things to myself! So, inspired by fantastic round-up posts by ladies like Joanna and Melanie, I decided for Friday Bits to be a sharing place of the best finds from the week, plus I might occasionally share personal bits like before. It’s flexible. Hope you like the first post, friends!

Beautiful brooches by Studio Fludd at grijs.

BOOOOOOOM!’S Little Drifters project sounds fantastic, and I wish I could be in Vancouver for it! (photo above by Lenny, the inspiration for the project)

She has neither language nor discourse; but she creates tongues and hearts, by which she feels and speaks (Across America by ck/ck)

Japanese cat magazine. Need I say more?

And speaking of Fieldguided, I’m so so SO excited about her new series, where Anabela takes dreamy photos insider her friends’ homes. First up is the home of Melinda Josie. I want her to come to NYC on a field trip for this. We’ll have Canon A-1 adventures.

Jenny is kicking even more butt with her latest Wiksten creations. I love the new photos taken at her amazing studio (which I visited and had to contain my tears of jealousy). Doesn’t even look like Brooklyn, does it? The shop update was last night and no doubt all sold out, so you can’t yell at me for tempting you. Just pure inspiration, friends.

Something’s Hiding In Here Forage pop-up shop in progress. Sounds very fun.

Christina Tran modeled for Totokaelo and is the epitome of cuteness.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! ps. I used Instapaper this week to keep all my links in one place, instead of emailing myself and keeping ridiculous folders. So simple, I love it.

Comments

1. Liz says

This is just what I’ve been needing. Any tips for storing photos? I have folders on my desktop where I store pictures ranging from fashion to decorating inspiration and let’s just say my memory is filling up fast!

2. Kate says

Liz, I just store them on my desktop as well, but I delete the folder once a month or so, because after their on my blog, I don’t really need to save them. Most photos from the internet are a tiny file size anyway, though!

Little Drifters! Oh my! I had no idea! I live in Vancouver, and I will absolutely be there. I’ll take photos and report back! Thanks for letting me know!

Great idea Kate! I love the little drifters segment. Whenever I am at the beach I try and make little boats of driftwood with sails made out of birch bark. Have a great weekend!

Regarding cats/kats.

The ikat jumper with marvelous wooden buddons: my god, YES.
    Japanese cat book: I love you, so I forgive you.

(And I’m super ecstatic about the new series. Emphatic fist-pumping.)

6. Siri says

Love this and the fact that instead of posting links only, you put in the actual pictures of the bits. Very fun!

Okay, sold. As IF I needed more of a reason to get to New York soon (one of my best girls lives there, and I miss her so!). Time to start savin’ up!

Thanks for all the sweet words!

You got me browsing the goodies at Totokaelo, especially the stone and brass Aesa necklaces… now if only my wallet was as willing to get the jewelry as I am.

Thanks for the link to Instapaper! I think it will be a great help to me as I have been bookmarking sites like there’s no tomorrow and my bookmarks bar has gotten quite unruly. Have a great weekend!

Love this new round up. As always impeccable. I noticed you cutting back on blogging…I always feel like summer is kind of a waste to be uploading so much when we should be out enjoying the beautiful weather (except here in SF ;).