Friday Bits

August 20th, 2010

Unintentional cute theme in this week’s blogland round-up. I swear! I was feeling a little off, so perhaps I just gravitated towards things that cheered me up.

Amy makes me want to play with paper.

Do I even need to say anything about this photo by lisascenic on dreamcats?

If he doesn’t cheer you up, what will? Via P.

Need for a shiba inu in my life (someday!) increased ten-fold after seeing Madzuka’s shiba, Kitsune. (Also gushed about this photo on twitter this week.)

Adorable 3-year-old recites “Litany” by Billy Collins. And my ovaries ached, thanks to even*cleveland.

Jealous of Afton’s beach time/freckles/jelly fish/swim suit/glasses…

Have a great weekend, everyone!

17 Responses to “Friday Bits”

1. What Possessed Me Says:

August 20th, 2010 at 1:31 pm

I knew I could count on you as a fellow lover of the animated gif! I need more shiba inu in my life. xo

2. Ashlae Says:

August 20th, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I love your blog (so much that I spent last night reading back to page 25) – stumbled upon it from Joanna Goddard’s ‘Cup of Joe’. My new favorite, even more so now that you posted ‘Litany’ recited by a 3 year-old.

3. Lisa Michelle Says:

August 20th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

That three year old is brilliant! Adorable.

4. Kara B. Says:

August 20th, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Love today’s post! It’s just the perfect thing I needed this am. It’s helping me recover from the week. And the Litany video definitely affects the ovaries. Want. Thanks and have a great weekend~~ kara b.

5. evencleveland Says:

August 20th, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I love those tiny paper fragments turned into letters. And who doesn’t need weekly interaction with poetry reciting three-year-olds and shiba inus and dancing bears?!

6. Kitty @ lavender playground Says:

August 20th, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Really enjoyed reading this post, so many good things in one place makes me happy. Have a great weekend!

7. esme Says:

August 20th, 2010 at 3:41 pm

yay for kate miss! p.s., we posted a pic of your design yesterday for our blogiversary: http://tigerattacktwins.blogspot.com/2010/08/blogiversary.html

happy weekend!

8. Hetterson Says:

August 20th, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Oh yes, I totally envy all the talented papercutters/maker out there. I have been trying to make some stencils for my nails and let’s just say I’m no jedi with an exacto.

9. mindi Says:

August 20th, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Oh my gosh! I (heart) shiba inus. Have you seen this video? Seriously, adorable.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers.

10. gina Says:

August 21st, 2010 at 1:15 am

that strawberry pic is too friggen cute! :) happy weekend

11. Lulu Says:

August 21st, 2010 at 3:59 am

this is so amazing. this post made my day (night) =]

12. Vanessa Says:

August 21st, 2010 at 4:29 am

I need a shiba inu as well. I mean, how could you not?

13. Brodie Says:

August 21st, 2010 at 7:50 am

i saw one of those little guys this morning, he was a puppy though! i walked past and thought he was a fox for a moment. i guess that’s why they named the one you linked to Kitsune (japanese fox). love them!

14. Haley Says:

August 21st, 2010 at 12:31 pm

BAHAHAHA best animate gif ever!

15. Belinda Says:

August 22nd, 2010 at 9:37 am

Oh good lord, that kid is killing me – brilliant and adorable at the same time!
    Thank-you Kate, made me all sentimental and sappy, my boy just turned 18 last Monday and you took me right back to when he was 3…sigh.

16. Mallory Says:

August 23rd, 2010 at 10:44 am

WOW that little boy is too adorable for words! My heart hurts. Billy Collins poem + cutest kid in the world = best video ever! Thanks for sharing! :)

17. { sunday sundae } beads, bears & blooms… | COQUETTE + DOVE Says:

February 12th, 2013 at 3:57 am

[...] Miller } { this island } { this print } { this flag } { this dancing bear } { this picture } { the idea of a vacation in this lake house } { [...]