Friday Bits

December 3rd, 2010

Before sharing some favorites from around the blogosphere this week, I just want to thank you all for a successful and wonderful shop update last night! Necklaces sold out faster than they have recently, which I think I have the holidays and Cool Hunting to thank for that (or for you, blame?). Sorry for those of you who couldn’t snag one for gifts you were planning on. Your emails are so sappy sad story right now it’s kind of cracking me up (because we’re not saving lives here folks), but I believe our move in two weeks (ahhh!) is a good excuse for not making more. New necklaces will probably be a while because of the move, but as always, stay tuned. ps. there’s ONE leather & lucite left, which I had not noticed until now. Snag that baby up!

Onward!

Love these dresses by Ermie, shot by Jeana, SO MUCH. The photos make me pumped about LA, too.

I can’t decide which color I want more. via Alison.

A festive looking plate that will also double as non-festive later. via Frecklewonder

Amira Fritz via Freckle Farm via Booooooom!

Julia does it again: an amazing new Rennes duffle bag. After the shopping ban ends, this will be mind. Oh yes.

The super talented, wonderful, new bun-in-the-oven wonder Jamie started a beautiful new venture, Cactus & Quail. Paper goodness for everyone!

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

10 Responses to “Friday Bits”

1. joslyn Says:

December 3rd, 2010 at 4:05 pm

oh that rennes duffle bag

2. Anna-Sophia Says:

December 3rd, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I snagged that baby! So pleased…I’ve been a lurker on your sweet blog for quite some time, and I’m delighted to have gotten the last necklace before your big move. I’m a west-coast girl myself, and while I LOVE love living in New York City, I can’t imagine leaving the West permanently behind; best wishes on your journey!
    xo
    Anna-Sophia

3. Jennifer Says:

December 3rd, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Hi Kate,
    Thank-you so very much for posting my work on your blog. I’m so happy you like it! I’m a long time reader of your blog, and have managed to purchase a couple of your necklaces (one for me, one for my best friend) in the past. Your new work is gorgeous by the way!!
    I wish you the best of luck in Los Angeles! You’ll love it! Don’t hesitate to contact me- it would be fun to meet up.
    xo
    Jennifer

4. renee @ eatliveshop.com Says:

December 4th, 2010 at 10:30 am

Congratulations on the Cool Hunting feature!!!!

5. jamie Says:

December 4th, 2010 at 11:07 am

aw thanks KATE!

AND F*CK, that BAG!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Purple Deer Says:

December 4th, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I’ve never seen anyone’s shop sell out as many times as I’ve seen yours. It took me 3 times to try and get a necklace from you. 3! You are a hot ticket lady…If I were you I’d get insurance for my hands, and a personal braiding slave to help you. Good work Kate!

7. mia Says:

December 5th, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Hi Kate,

So funny, that is my friend in Jennifer’s clothes; and i love them! I just left Brooklyn 2 years ago for a life in LA and I really love it now. It was a culture shock for me since I had never lived anywhere besides NY but it was the best decision that I ever made. If you need anything or want a friend I would love that. And if you need food recommendations– I can help! I have been following your blog for a while and sometimes I would get so angry and jealous that I wasn’t in NY- I can’t wait too see LA through your eyes!

8. Jenny Morris Says:

December 5th, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Congrats of the jewelry sell out – its not surprising, your items are beautiful. gonna try and snatch up the forrest green nail polish before they get swiped from the holiday madness shelves…

FASHIONMADEMEFUNKY

9. Jenny Says:

December 7th, 2010 at 5:34 am

The plate is Berså from Swedish Gustavsberg. They have a lot of lovely stuff!

10. Victoria Says:

December 9th, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Love the flower headed woman. What a fun take on artistic arrangements that could be done in multiples!