On my radar this week
1. Collette Ishiyama – Collect your jaw from you table after you look at this beautiful jewelry. via Andrea’s Pinterest
2. Mackenzie’s twinnerversarie post made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I always wanted a twin as a kid, I find them incredibly fascinating.
3. My weekly “I want to go to there” feeling, brought to you by Place + Taste, as it is actually somewhere I can go easily. I’ll go anywhere that has animals such as ostriches. Or alpacas, for that matter.
4. Serious shivers down my spine upon listening to Kimbra. DANG, girl! Those pipes, that stage presence. Thank you Gotta A Girl Crush.
5. Awesome Sass & Bide dress at Pixie Market.
6. Sally’s hanging glass containers she modified would make an excellent DIY project, somehow. I know, filed under: DIY projects that fill my brain endlessly and never, ever get made.
And now, for something completely different. Hello friends, how was your week? Mine was a bit crazy, and I’m pretty damn excited that today is Friday. I want to start by thanking you for your concerned comments, emails, and tweets about my vague sadness mentioned on Sunday and Monday. To know that not only friends, but complete strangers worry about Will and I only further solidifies that feeling you all gave me last week of a sense of community and love. We lost someone in Will’s family to cancer on Saturday evening, and while I debated endlessly all week about sharing that personal information as it’s not particularly mine to share, I just wanted to put it out there as I do usually share with you guys so many things going on in my life. That’s as much as I feel comfortable about going into it, and again, I thank you so much for your concern. Sharing troubling things online is such a tricky thing, a thin line between disrespectful/tacky and honesty. I know that some people can feel like their blogs can be a burden, but mine is anything but. You guys are always there for me, judgment free. It’s been six months since I got a nasty comment, in fact! (Knock on wood.)
Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend, everyone.