Guest Series: Bits Of My Weekend with Diana Moss

April 26th, 2011

Hey friends, welcome to the very first installment of a new monthly guest series where I invite my favorite people from around the web to share their own Bits Of My Weekend! I’m pretty excited about this because there is some seriously endless talent and inspiration out there on the blogs I read. First up is one of my absolute favorite bloggers right now that I know many of you are also majorly in love with: Diana of Miss Moss! I was excited to have her because she rarely posts personal photos, but when she does, I can tell that her talents aren’t just with her impressive curatorial skills. Diana lives in South Africa, a place I admittedly don’t know as much about as I should, so I love seeing and hearing about it. How beautiful are these photos? I’m glad someone around here is getting out of their apartment. Onward!

From Diana:

Every year my entire family heads out to my parent’s holiday house in a little coastal town called Betty’s Bay for the Easter long weekend. I love this time of year because autumn finally arrives in South Africa – and there’s no better place to experience the change in season than being by the sea.

Also, you know, Easter = chocolate. There was so much chocolate. Which meant we had to balance it out by actually being active – going on plenty of bike rides, walking on the beach, trekking through the botanical gardens and scavenging for treasures in local vintage shops. But as soon as the weather turned we’d be drinking red wine, lying in front of the fire and falling asleep in the afternoon (classic holiday behaviour.)

The entire weekend could be summed up by those baboons we came across in the gardens – warming themselves in the sun, having a bit of a nap, getting a head scratch… It was kind of perfect, really.

26 Responses to “Guest Series: Bits Of My Weekend with Diana Moss”

1. Anabela Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 8:15 am

These are so amazing, Diana! It really looks like a whole other world compared to what I’m used to. Great feature, Kate!

2. Catherine Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 8:55 am

Absolutely beautiful!

3. Tuesday Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 8:59 am

I would literally pay every penny I own to have baboons just chilling out in my back garden. I LOVE that.

4. Lexie Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 9:13 am

i found diana’s blog through yours and i absolutely LOVE it! i am so glad you asked her to do this because it is a treat to see the environment she lives in!

5. maria Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 9:45 am

wow, these are breathtaking- South Africa just moved up on my list of places I want to travel to.

6. Kyla Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 9:48 am

Wow, these photos are stunning! Betty’s Bay looks magical – thanks Kate & Diana!

7. Jenya Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 11:52 am

Wow, thanks so much for sharing Diana! I loved all the photos but my favorite is the one with the dog – it’s so meaningful.

8. Kirstin Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Thank you so much for sharing those beautiful photos! I am constantly wishing I lived in South Africa, I even tried my best to live there for a year but unfortunately things didn’t work out. Glad I can catch this glimpse of what it might be like to live there someday :)

9. Feeona Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 1:00 pm

These photo’s a so so lovely! Nice idea with the ‘Bits of my Weekend’ guest post too- can’t wait to see more (-:

10. kenzie Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I love this peek into Diana’s world. I would love to travel there and skip right to autumn. My ideal vacation is at a beach house, but not in the heat of summer, and just relax. Thanks!

11. Meagan Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 7:37 pm

My jaw is on the floor! I think I need to schedule my next vacation in South Africa!

12. amy w Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Yes, I can tell this is going to be an awesome feature. Diana’s Easter looks pretty sweet. I love both your blogs, so it’s great to see them in the same place!

13. Natalie Meteoroid Says:

April 26th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Super Cute! It kind of reminds me of Lost, what with all the lush forest and all. =)

14. Margie Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 3:09 am

Sweet, wish I was there… You guys are an inspiration. It’s nice seeing what creative people do on their time off – especially away from the keyboard!

15. Sara Downton Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 4:33 am

so amazing – baboons in the garden?! that seems like something from a fairytale to me!

16. Johanna Inman Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 6:52 am

Wow wow! What a gorgeous weekend.

17. Paola Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 7:43 am

Absolutely beautiful!

18. Bre Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 8:15 am

I’ve had a few close friends travel to South Africa and love it there. :) I can’t believe baboons were in the garden, that’s amazing!

Ps. I love PS bars from S Africa, soo nummy :)

19. erin Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 9:01 am

lovely glimpse into diana’s world. what beautiful photos! i want to visit betty’s bay!

20. Erica Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 9:22 am

So beautiful! Oh, I miss nature so much. I’m craving a walk in that forest or along that coastline. Looks like a magical weekend. Love this guest post series.

21. marianne Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 10:43 am

What a setting – wow. Love the mountains and the bike rides and the coffee – and the idea of falling asleep in the afternoon sunshine. Looks like a lovely Easter – thank you for sharing :-) So soo inspiring

22. jessica//miniaturerhino Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 12:23 pm

love seeing a bit of the world from South Africa! Biking down a red dirt road with family sounds amazing. Thanks Kate & Diana! Looking forward to seeing what/who/where’s next….

23. Diana / Miss Moss Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 1:09 pm

i’m so glad everyone enjoyed these! sometimes i really take it for granted that we live in such an amazingly beautiful place (baboons included) – taking photos this weekend made me appreciate it so much more. thanks again for asking me, kate.

24. hila Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 9:26 pm

diana, seriously, you need to force yourself to take your camera along with you more often – these are unbelievable.

25. Orchid Says:

April 27th, 2011 at 10:22 pm

South Africa looks beautiful! What a great guest post! Love all of these photos!

26. Elizabeth Says:

April 28th, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Amazing photos! The landscape is so breathtaking.