I thought Friday Bits could use a little facelift because the tiny photos were starting to bother me. If I’m only going to share fun finds once a week, why not share ’em big?
This week was a roller coaster of emotions, but we dragged our sorry asses out of the apartment and went to a show (Twin Shadow, it was kind of a meh show) and celebrated a friend’s birthday over tropical drinks, so it ended up being not too shabby of a week. We’re looking forward to the weekend because Will’s dad is in town and we’re excited to see him.
Let’s get down to business:
1. I know Meg already previously mentioned the awesomeness of Rookie in her guest post, but this week held two gems I have to share: Miranda July’s story about her first foray into activism, and Tavi’s excellent interview with Aubrey Plaza.
2. My family is not one to pass around recipes or even bake/cook things that well, but my grandma’s candied walnuts are a little treasure of mine. Heidi’s Brown Sugar Rosemary Walnuts sound like a more sophisticated version that need to be in my mouth right now.
3. Ceila shared this incredible LA house tour on AT and I can’t get out of my mind! The patterns! The colors! Everything about it is perfection.
4. I’m sure you’ve already seen this, but Miss Moss has the most incredible guest post on Etsy, mood boards categorized by hue. It’s visual candy, I tell you.
5. I can tell Brian is going to really bum me out about not having a true Fall here in LA with his Autumn–focused posts. I think it’s one of the biggest things I miss about NYC! October is the best month of all time there.
6. Juka makes the most beautiful leashes for dogs (and the occasional awesome cat? come on Wendy, get it together) in her shop, Blink, that are hand-dyed and use classic sailor knots. She also makes these really nice brass pet tags cut into interesting shapes and lovely ceramic bottles. Definitely worth checking out.