Friday Bits

September 30th, 2011

I’m not quite ready yet to respond to my previous post and your wonderful, unbelievable support until I have more things to share, probably next week. So for now we carry on with life as normal. Some goodness on the web this week, a great distraction.

1. Pistachio pumpkin bread with honey butter and sea salt. Do I need to describe why that sounds so delicious? I can’t remember how I stumbled across this, probably Pinterest, where I fear to tread lately.
2. These tiny Twin Peaks dioramas by boxartig are pretty much incredible. via TeenAngster.
3. Baggu leather!
4. File under: replicate this exact trip, please. via Lena
5. A vintage camera ordered from Japan containing a roll of previously undeveloped film from the 1940′s. What a magical discovery.
6. I just love this simple, lovely post from Jennifer titled “Morning Light“. I think you know why.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends.

14 Responses to “Friday Bits”

1. ania Says:

September 30th, 2011 at 10:09 am

understood… good luck with everything anyway. hope all will be ok. many good thoughts to you both.

2. roberta jane Says:

September 30th, 2011 at 10:14 am

Oooo! Baggu leather – what fun!

3. pushups with polish Says:

September 30th, 2011 at 10:16 am

first time on your blog. obsessed. love it. im BL following you now :) have a great weekend xxo

4. evencleveland Says:

September 30th, 2011 at 10:46 am

Dang, that bread looks good.

5. Sunset Says:

September 30th, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Since you live in LA (now Hollywood?), you should try this pumpkin bread made by nuns in Hollywood. http://www.yelp.com/biz/monastery-of-the-angels-los-angeles

6. Arlie Says:

September 30th, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Baggu leather?!!! I’m in heaven.

7. bigBANG studio Says:

September 30th, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Sending you both enormous, loving Brooklyn hugs and hoping for positive news from MediCal. Girl, we’ve got your back. And if I lived about 3,000 miles closer I’d bake that magic pumpkin bread and bring it over right quick, plus a tall-ass bottle of Makers for a round of Jaipur juleps.

Hug him tight. xo.

8. Brodie Says:

September 30th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

oh man, i can’t handle this. screw my planned Europe trip, i seriously need to get myself to the states. California looks so amazing!

have a great weekend kate!

9. taylor Says:

September 30th, 2011 at 7:09 pm

The color scheme is very fall like. I love it!

You two are in my thoughts. Keep on keepin’ on girl.

10. Elena Says:

October 1st, 2011 at 3:51 am

The leather bag á la shopping style in your Friday bits is great. My long term favourite however is one from Nyström Stockholm (their site http://www.nystromstockholm.com/ is unfortunately being under construction). Their bags are made out of the best leather; soft and still strong. I love my red one I got from my husband years ago. You can see an example of the Nyström Stockholms bags here: http://shop.felestad.se/vaskor/skinnvaskor/decolte-skinnvaska.html

11. Orchid Says:

October 1st, 2011 at 9:42 am

Okay, I’m officially in love with that Baggu leather bag! Thanks for sharing the link! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

12. HM Says:

October 1st, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Oh my goodness! I love teeny tiny things! Seriously. I have blog feature on blog devoted to it! :) Thanks for sharing! Happy weekend!

13. Margie Says:

October 3rd, 2011 at 3:22 am

You amaze me. Such choice selections. I can’t imagine what life is like for you guys. (0) is that a hug? I hope so! Plus, know that a great childhood friend of my partner’s had the same illness, and has gone on to have three exceptional children, a successful landscape architecture business, and a fantastic life. So will Will. Stay positive, and look up a book called “The Food Doctor”. xoxoxoxo

14. jennifer young Says:

October 5th, 2011 at 9:35 am

! thank you so much for including me in your friday bits! what an honor!
    xo