Rosemary Lemonade Gin Slushes

September 22nd, 2011

Rosemary Lemonade Gin Slushes

Ask and you shall receive. So many of you emailed or commented asking for the recipe for the rosemary gin lemonade slushes that I mentioned in Bits Of My Weekend that I thought a post was in order. The idea of the recipe was inspired part by Kelly’s recipe for herby lemon cocktails and her recipes for slushes she posted this summer. I thought I’d combine the ideas and use gin instead of vodka because I’m not a fan of vodka (but I think it would still be delicious, gin is just a more versatile purchase for us.) They’re a little bit of work (well, time) if you don’t have the syrup already made, but they are so worth it.

Rosemary Lemonade Gin Slushes – makes 2
(I realized this was a more accurate title for the drink than the former)
I’m famous for guessing ingredient measurements, so don’t take these too seriously

2 cups of ice
1/2 cup of gin (this makes a STRONG drink, the way we like ‘em, but you could use less)
juice of 2 lemons (meyer lemons would be stellar for this if they were in season)
1-2oz of rosemary simple syrup, depending on how sweet you like them

Fill a blender with all the ingredients and blend, until the ice is smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with rosemary sprig if you’re trying to impress someone with your hostess skills.

Rosemary simple syrup
makes about 1 1/2 cups (way more than you need, but you’ll have more ready for later boozing!)

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 sprigs of rosemary

Stir water and sugar until disolved over medium heat. Add rosemary and simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove rosemary. Let syrup cool before using. Store extra in the refrigerator.

13 Responses to “Rosemary Lemonade Gin Slushes”

1. Vanessa Says:

September 22nd, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Thanks! I’ll definitely be making this :-)

2. Lindsay Says:

September 22nd, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Your post is awesome – thanks for the recipe. Cute picture to go with it, too. I love how multi-faceted your blog is; inspiring. It doesn’t JUST focus on one topic which is refreshing.

I’m pretty new to the blogging sphere, but having a blast with it. http://chicwizard.blogspot.com/

Linds

3. Purple Deer Says:

September 22nd, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Trying this, this weekend!

4. moorea seal Says:

September 22nd, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Hoooooly moley, this looks delicious. need need need.
    xo Moorea

5. Monet Says:

September 22nd, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Such a great idea i definitely will have to try it =)

6. Amanda Says:

September 24th, 2011 at 1:42 am

move aside lemonade…a new drink is in town!

<3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

7. Kelly Says:

September 26th, 2011 at 11:44 am

I love your take on this! sounds so good and kind of perfect for this weird balmy weather we have in nyc…

8. Susan Hazel Says:

September 27th, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Ooh that sounds so good! And since my rosemary is the only thing in my garden that isn’t dead, it seems fitting that I make this. : )

9. Natalie of Fashion Intel Says:

September 28th, 2011 at 10:36 am

Yumlicious to the maximus!

10. Ashley Says:

October 2nd, 2011 at 2:52 pm

OMG, just made some! So delicious! Might be my new favorite! Thanks for sharing!

11. casey Says:

October 3rd, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I can’t wait to try this because my normal cocktails are feeling a little stale.

12. allison lehman : show + tell / Monday Link Love Says:

October 17th, 2011 at 7:33 am

[...] shares her recipe for rosemary gin lemonade slushes. May summer live on [...]

13. Shedoesthecity » Blog Archive A bluffer’s guide to summer drinks » Shedoesthecity Says:

December 13th, 2012 at 1:07 pm

[...] · Whip up fancy syrups. Bring two parts sugar to one part water to boil in a pot. Once simmering, toss in a handful of herbs from your garden and leave it for a few minutes. Cool and strain, and mix away. Gin is fantastic with savouries like thyme and rosemary. [...]