Weekly Music

December 22nd, 2011

I was going to wait to post this until next week, the last week of 2011, but I have something else for next week and figured you could use a little something over the holiday break to jam to – the best songs of 2011. I usually do a round-up of my favorite albums of the year, but who cares? Wouldn’t you rather hear my favorite songs of 2011? I think so. 2011 was a fantastic year for music, and I get so nostalgic listening to some of these – for a time that seems so incredibly far away. I’ll save my thoughts on this year as a whole for later, but as for music, it was so great. I reconnected with music when I moved to LA – between spending time in my car and time at my desk as a freelancer. It kept me going, alive.

In no particular order:

13. Truth    Alexander
  14. Lorelai    Fleet Foxes
  15. He Won’t Go    Adele
  16. Big Burned Hand    Iron & Wine
  17. True Blue    Dirty Beaches
  18. Origins    Tennis

21 Responses to “Weekly Music”

1. Elise / Pennyweight Says:

December 22nd, 2011 at 9:03 am

Seriously awesome list… many of these are on my favorites as well. I’m hoping to post a top 10 album list soon. Happy Holidays, Kate!

2. gia Says:

December 22nd, 2011 at 9:45 am

I’m a big fan of Beirut- I think they are brilliant! I’m getting into Empire of the Sun on Pandora, you should try em. xoxo

3. Javi Says:

December 22nd, 2011 at 10:27 am

I love this list, Kimbra is my new favorite artist.

4. Laura Says:

December 22nd, 2011 at 11:47 am

digging the playlist. i’m in dire need of some new music, so this was perfect timing. thanks!

5. Erin @ Bklynstitch Says:

December 22nd, 2011 at 1:02 pm

This mix is exactly what I needed today. Thanks!

6. B Says:

December 22nd, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I love your taste of music .. AWESOME LIST

xx

B

7. Laura Says:

December 22nd, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Wow! This playlist is awesome! Thank you for sharing it, it’s making my day!

8. Miss Moss : These Things No.31 Says:

December 22nd, 2011 at 11:48 pm

[...] and finally, i really enjoyed kate’s best songs of 2011 mix: [...]

9. Friday Best… « Just a Titch Says:

December 23rd, 2011 at 12:05 am

[...] For Me, For You’s Best of 2011 playlist. [...]

10. Paula Says:

December 23rd, 2011 at 4:23 am

Hello, Kate!
    I just found your blog through Miss Moss and I want to say a big THANK YOU for this mix. I have always loved music but i just realized that for the past year i’ve been stuck in some velvet rut, i guess.I didn’t even listen to music anymore. This mix made me rediscover the beauty of music again, i actually feel shivers.What a beautiful moment!
    So thank you, really. And Merry Christmas!

11. Carrie Says:

December 23rd, 2011 at 7:57 am

These are all great picks– some of my favorites, too! Happy Holidays!

12. Vanessa Says:

December 23rd, 2011 at 9:21 am

This list is amazing, and I can’t tell you how excited I was to check out your blog for the first time and see Kimbra hit #1 on your Best of 2011 list. Awesome.

13. Chloe Says:

December 23rd, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Great choices!

14. Annika Says:

December 24th, 2011 at 3:36 am

well, thank you, st vincent is now my christmas music. kind of gloomy but matches well with the no-snow-cristmas-in many-many-years.

15. Ellen Vesters Says:

December 24th, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Love! your taste! :)

16. The Best Music of 2011 For Me, For You | Be A Strainer Says:

December 28th, 2011 at 5:01 am

[...] The Best Music of 2011 For Me, For You [...]

17. bigBANG studio Says:

January 1st, 2012 at 8:08 am

SOOOO many goodies in here!!! Gunna blast this in the studio this afternoon. Thanks, lady!

18. Reading, Watching, Listening | Ellingsen Photography Blog Says:

January 27th, 2012 at 9:48 am

[...] basically owe all my new favorite music to Kate Miss over at For Me, For You. Her taste is impeccable! Lately I can’t stop listening to Florence & The Machine, [...]

19. Friday Best… « Coffee & Sunshine Says:

May 12th, 2012 at 2:46 pm

[...] For Me, For You’s Best of 2011 playlist. [...]

20. kefir smoothies kefir Says:

May 13th, 2012 at 1:07 am

Great website…

[...]we like to honor many other internet sites on the web, even if they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Under are some webpages worth checking out[...]……

21. Reading, Watching, Listening | Ellingsen Photography Says: