Bits Of My Weekend

new years eve snackage
texture
garbage pail kitty
coconut cakes
herbed almonds
readying

I can’t tell you how happy I am to get back to our regular lives again. Sure, it’s not completely normal with Will still out of work (and searching! hard!), but to leave the house and DO things is so awesome. The best thing is that we’ve been walking a ton. We walk every day for at least two miles, usually much longer than that. Will is determined to get healthier asap. Things accomplished during this little heat wave this weekend (70-80 degrees!): The Craft and Folk Art Musuem, Ethiopian food in Little Ethiopia, champagne and a movie for new years eve – falling asleep before midnight, waking up early and walking to the Hollywood Farmers Market for goodies (like white cheddar goat cheese, SO good), necklace making and shop redesign/relaunch prepping, preparing a return to reality this week with design work. Trying hard to not think about Wednesdays doctors appointment too much, focusing on the present.

Comments

that cheese does sound good! i like the idea of early-sleep, early-rise, but i find it difficult…any tips? (i want to start the new year off right, haha.) goodluck to will for the job-search (it is really tough out there), and to both of you for wednesday. *hug*

Sounds like you’re getting into a good mind set. We had the same kind of homely new years by the way – champagne and a funny movie (the inbetweeners). I got drunk and fell asleep 5 minutes after midnight. Sending lots of good vibes your way!

These are lovely photos! I am glad things are a little more normal! Keeping my fingers crossed for Will! I know he will land something soon!

We’ll all be waiting with you for Wednesday, even if you don’t who some of us are, (a friend just bought me one of your necklaces which I wear with pride :) we’ll still be waiting with you and wishing you guys all the best we can.

5. Mandy Moo says

That sounds like a lovely weekend :)
    Will be turning myself into a human pretzel for you both on Wednesday.
    My Mum beat the BIG C last year & it wasnt unril then that I realised “hope” was such a beautiful word.
    Sending you love, luck, sunshine, smiles & hope.
    x
    Moo

Hey lady,
    Happy New Year to you both.
    I’ll have my fingers crossed for you two on Wed.

Love this post: you sound hopeful And your new necklaces look fantastic!!

7. Jen says

As creepy as this might be coming from a beyond stranger, I love your blog and send you and W warm and fuzzy thoughts. It is so daring to be exposed, and so very inspiring. Best to you in 2012.