Bits Of My Weekend

Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery
breakfast
two cats
pretty chicken
purple carrots
dinner

Packaging | Seattle goodies | the LA Municipal Art Gallery + peach fuzz, growing back | breakfast | two cats, hanging out | pretty chicken on our walk | purple carrots | dinner | moving photo (somehow I forgot about these): stamping (music in the background is Sharon Van Etten and because you ladies are so predictable with your questions, my nail polish is Topshop’s “Big Smoke” [thanks Anabela!])

I’ll start with the fact that Will surprised me by showing me a side of his old spontaneous and adventurous side on Friday night but you can’t laugh at what it was: he asked me if I wanted to go to some bars. We were eating dinner and I was like, “What? Like, tonight? And drink alcohol?” Because I’m not even entirely sure we’ve ever really done that in LA as it’s hard, but not too hard in our neighborhood (as long as you are OK with wearing sensible shoes), but for obvious reasons we hadn’t tried that out yet. And it was expensive and not that trilling and we were home by 10, but we got out, had fun, and came home and drank copious amounts of water like the adults that we are and slept like babies. And I thought to myself, “Hey! We’re still young people, who knew?” I feel one million years older than I am.

I realize while reflecting on what happened this weekend that big decisions were made and delicious food was eaten. I’m trying to refrain from telling those of you in cold winter weather right now that it was 80 degrees all weekend, but I can’t. Because being back from Seattle makes me want to hug LA and all its nasty, warm glory.

Note: I’m trying out not using Flickr so I’m trying to caption images better that you can see when you hover over the image or my captions at the bottom.

ps. thank you for such a successful shop update! If you missed it, fear not, there are still some necklaces left. Plus, shop updates are every month now.

19 Responses to “Bits Of My Weekend”

1. Geena Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 8:20 am

Very cute video :) love your jewelery

2. Aubrey Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 8:28 am

Your kitty with the kitty is the most adorable thing ever!

3. jen poole Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 8:42 am

I think going out for drinks is exciting! Even if you were home by 10pm! I always enjoy your “bits of my weekend” posts. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Monday!

4. julia Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 8:47 am

i know exactly how you feel about the going out thing. i’m the same way! whenever jared says “let’s go out” i’m like, what? now? really? and then i realize that i’m not seventy. and it’s always fun, even if we’re home by 10.

5. Roseann Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 9:07 am

I am new to your blog [but have spent the past few days catching up], and I’m a fan. Your photographs are lovely and your creativity and drive are inspiring. Thank you.

6. Allison Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 9:35 am

I definitely get the “coming home at 10pm, drinking copious amounts of water + sleeping like a baby” thing. Love it.

7. gia Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 9:49 am

Hey we aren’t haters. I love to see sunny L.A. photos. Feel free!

8. Erleene Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 10:06 am

I have friends in San Diego who were gloating about the warm weather this weekend on Facebook. Made me so jealous. Lucky you. Congrats on the shop update. I really love the pieces :)

9. Francine Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 10:47 am

My boyfriend and I never really “go out.” We don’t have the money or the patience for 8-dollar drinks and loud talkers. But sometimes we do like to remind ourselves that we’re not geezers.

10. Anabela Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 10:54 am

Ha! Geoff and I often do the same, just go out, get a drink, and come home. It feels a little nicer than drinking on the sofa!

That nail polish looks so good!

11. Fenke Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 11:10 am

yeah – thanks for including the video. i already wondered about the best method to stamp the boxes.

12. indreams Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

i know exactly what you mean about the never-going-out-anymore thing! my boyfriend and i will go out, but so rarely that people generally think i’m imaginary, and he’s no longer drinking (sadly, this is untrue). luckily there’s a new place not too far from our apt, where our friends are starting to hang out…so it’s not too hard to pull us off the couch with a ‘come out already!’ text. :)

13. kelli ann Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 3:59 pm

i feel like such an old lady these days. how was i ever able to party the way i did in college? (and by party, i mean stay out ’til midnight. sheesh.)

14. kelli ann Says:

January 30th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

p.s. i really like your new logo and packaging!

15. Lucent Imagery Says:

January 31st, 2012 at 12:43 am

I have come to really look forward to your weekend posts. You take such lovely photos.

16. Jenny Says:

January 31st, 2012 at 2:22 am

Yay! congratulations on going out! I was recently unwell (nothing as severe as your family’s issues) and I know it was such a relief to my boyfriend when I started feeling up to getting off the sofa. I’ll be sending you happy thoughts from across the pond, and I hope you have lots of happy times to come

17. Chloe Says:

February 1st, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Beautiful post, and very nice video! I am very happy that the two of you had some fun! =)

18. Valentina Says:

February 2nd, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Looks lovely!

x
    Valentina de Pertis

19. sarah Says:

February 4th, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Literally the CUTEST picture EVER of your kitty and her toy kitty!