Bits Of My Weekend

Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery
breakfast
two cats
pretty chicken
purple carrots
dinner

Packaging | Seattle goodies | the LA Municipal Art Gallery + peach fuzz, growing back | breakfast | two cats, hanging out | pretty chicken on our walk | purple carrots | dinner | moving photo (somehow I forgot about these): stamping (music in the background is Sharon Van Etten and because you ladies are so predictable with your questions, my nail polish is Topshop’s “Big Smoke” [thanks Anabela!])

I’ll start with the fact that Will surprised me by showing me a side of his old spontaneous and adventurous side on Friday night but you can’t laugh at what it was: he asked me if I wanted to go to some bars. We were eating dinner and I was like, “What? Like, tonight? And drink alcohol?” Because I’m not even entirely sure we’ve ever really done that in LA as it’s hard, but not too hard in our neighborhood (as long as you are OK with wearing sensible shoes), but for obvious reasons we hadn’t tried that out yet. And it was expensive and not that trilling and we were home by 10, but we got out, had fun, and came home and drank copious amounts of water like the adults that we are and slept like babies. And I thought to myself, “Hey! We’re still young people, who knew?” I feel one million years older than I am.

I realize while reflecting on what happened this weekend that big decisions were made and delicious food was eaten. I’m trying to refrain from telling those of you in cold winter weather right now that it was 80 degrees all weekend, but I can’t. Because being back from Seattle makes me want to hug LA and all its nasty, warm glory.

Note: I’m trying out not using Flickr so I’m trying to caption images better that you can see when you hover over the image or my captions at the bottom.

ps. thank you for such a successful shop update! If you missed it, fear not, there are still some necklaces left. Plus, shop updates are every month now.

Comments

I think going out for drinks is exciting! Even if you were home by 10pm! I always enjoy your “bits of my weekend” posts. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Monday!

i know exactly how you feel about the going out thing. i’m the same way! whenever jared says “let’s go out” i’m like, what? now? really? and then i realize that i’m not seventy. and it’s always fun, even if we’re home by 10.

I am new to your blog [but have spent the past few days catching up], and I’m a fan. Your photographs are lovely and your creativity and drive are inspiring. Thank you.

I have friends in San Diego who were gloating about the warm weather this weekend on Facebook. Made me so jealous. Lucky you. Congrats on the shop update. I really love the pieces :)

My boyfriend and I never really “go out.” We don’t have the money or the patience for 8-dollar drinks and loud talkers. But sometimes we do like to remind ourselves that we’re not geezers.

Ha! Geoff and I often do the same, just go out, get a drink, and come home. It feels a little nicer than drinking on the sofa!

That nail polish looks so good!

i know exactly what you mean about the never-going-out-anymore thing! my boyfriend and i will go out, but so rarely that people generally think i’m imaginary, and he’s no longer drinking (sadly, this is untrue). luckily there’s a new place not too far from our apt, where our friends are starting to hang out…so it’s not too hard to pull us off the couch with a ‘come out already!’ text. :)

Yay! congratulations on going out! I was recently unwell (nothing as severe as your family’s issues) and I know it was such a relief to my boyfriend when I started feeling up to getting off the sofa. I’ll be sending you happy thoughts from across the pond, and I hope you have lots of happy times to come