Guest Series: Bits Of My Weekend With Jessica Comingore

January 23rd, 2012

Hi all, Jessica here! Kate was kind enough to invite me on board to contribute some bits from my weekend while she’s away enjoying a real winter outside of sunny Los Angeles. I was a little nervous about having enough interesting things to share with you, but this weekend ended up being pretty action-packed (and particularly art-filled). It started off with a memorable breakfast at Square One that I didn’t capture, but Kate did (see + drool over the previously posted banana french toast), followed by an evening out and an opportunity to get some use out of this vibrant red dress I recently thrifted. Saturday was spent perusing the Art Los Angeles Contemporary show at the Barker Hanger and a trip to a moped shop, the latter of which was surprisingly more fun than I would’ve imagined. Sunday began by purchasing one too many artisanal goods at an underground pop-up market in Venice (read: jalapeño jam, tandoori marinated olives + homemade lemon curd), followed a trip downtown to the LA Art Show and ended with a delightfully slow pre-fixe dinner at Church & State. All-in-all, a lot of fun despite a lot of running around. But sometimes weekends are for adventures, wouldn’t you say?

13 Responses to “Guest Series: Bits Of My Weekend With Jessica Comingore”

1. kay w. Says:

January 23rd, 2012 at 8:07 am

of the handful of things i really, really miss about la, square one’s french toast specials are one of them. i also had a banana maple brioche french toast there that seriously transcended space and time for me. SO GOOD.

2. Rebecca - A Daily Something Says:

January 23rd, 2012 at 8:43 am

I seriously love that first image. So simple! Sounds like a lovely weekend!

3. Audrey Says:

January 23rd, 2012 at 9:39 am

Oh man- I love your Bits of my Weekend post. You should start your own weekend series on your blog. I so enjoy your aesthetic. And that dress- what a find!

4. jacquelyn | lark&linen Says:

January 23rd, 2012 at 9:56 am

Certainly sounds like a great weekend to me!

5. kcgirl Says:

January 23rd, 2012 at 10:36 am

This is the kind of weekend I wish I had. Great post…inspires me to get out of the house and go somewhere other than Target. ;)

6. LaurenF Says:

January 23rd, 2012 at 10:56 am

Sounds like an awesome weekend, and it makes mine sound completely boring. It was a very snowy, very cold weekend here in northern Indiana, so we spent most of it at our apartment drinking hot beverages, cooking, eating, and watching Justified on Netflix.

7. Michelle Says:

January 23rd, 2012 at 10:57 am

Seriously, that sounds like the PERFECT weekend.

8. joyce Says:

January 23rd, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I want to start taping up flowers I find. So simple, but so stunning!

9. Angela Says:

January 23rd, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I love for me for you, nice of you to have a guest! What a fun weekend, love the vintage dress!

10. Jessica Comingore Says:

January 23rd, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Thank you for all your lovely comments + a big thank you to Kate for having me! :)

11. sarah Says:

January 24th, 2012 at 1:21 pm

that dress is wonderful! i think it’s reawakened my love of 80′s dresses…

12. Chloe Says:

January 27th, 2012 at 10:48 am

This is super fun! I loved being able to see a guest do this post! Looks like you had a really fun weekend!

13. Jess Says:

January 27th, 2012 at 6:53 pm

the boots next to your thrifted dress are so nice. xx