Bits Of My Weekend

Damn handsome, damn delicious
breakfast
fluff
Barnsdall Park
Barnsdall Park
gratuitous lensflare

a Handsome latte | Nicely making deliciousness at Myrtle (Will knew him in Venice, what a small world) | bean perfection | almond flour pancakes w/banana + citrus, scrambled eggs w/ sweet potato + spinach + avocado | fluff | Barnsdall Park trees | the Great Lawn | gratuitous lens flare on the Hollyhock House | lovely hill

Kicked off the weekend with an awe-inspiring volunteer orientation at 826LA – I’m so amazed at all that they do, followed by deliciousness at Mohawk Bend before heading to the Myrtle Valentines shindig where my Seattle girl heart was stolen by the perfect latte from Handsome Coffee. The rest of the weekend was a blur of relaxing and Harry Potter watching and we wrapped things up with a sunset visit to Barnsdall, where I obviously had more than enough photo ops. It was such a gorgeous, clear weekend and the park was a perfect end to a great weekend.

25 Responses to “Bits Of My Weekend”

1. Dilia Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 8:08 am

love all of these images! great shots.

2. Gabriella Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 8:41 am

I always associate lattes and coffee shops with weekends. And brunch of course… All of which I did manage to have, but no gorgeous pictures like yours.

3. Vanessa Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 8:41 am

I’ve been missing L.A. so much lately. Maybe it’s the urge to no thane to wear a jacket, I don’t know… But the photos of the Griffith Observatory aren’t helping me out.

4. katie maye Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 8:59 am

latte art never ceases to amaze me

5. Erica Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 9:12 am

It looks and sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I really love the last 3 shots.

6. katy Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 9:25 am

what a beautiful weekend!
    ~ everything is better with avodcado! :)

7. Kate {Something Fabulous} Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 10:41 am

As always, wonderful photos. I especially love the photo of the latte! Gorgeous!

8. Francine Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 10:41 am

Gah! Those eggs! They look so great.

9. Erica Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 11:19 am

Handsome coffee! Sounds delicious.

10. E Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I love Barnsdall. It’s picnic central. Have you taken the tour of the hollyhock house yet? It’s definitely worth doing, especially if you have some out of town guests to amuse.

11. Lucent Imagery Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Beautiful. We have been to LA three times to visit family there, but I still feel there is so much more to explore. I think I’d like to go to Barnsdall Park!

Kate Reply:

you gotta go, it has the best view ever.

12. joyce @ turning japanese Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 4:47 pm

What a lovely LA weekend. :)

13. Ashley Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Wasn’t it the best weekend in recent memory??

Kate Reply:

This past week has been perfection weather-wise. Though I will say I’m kind of excited for the rain that’s coming for a little change! Ha, I’m such a southern californian for saying that…

14. Ashley Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 7:03 pm

…and by that, I mean the weather.

15. Sara/Matchbox Kitchen Says:

February 6th, 2012 at 7:23 pm

It was nice meeting you at Myrtle this weekend! Did you happen to try a cookie? :)

Kate Reply:

You too, Sara! Maybe I’ll see you at the small business meet up at Reform School in a couple weeks? I saw your name on the email list. I actually didn’t try a cookie because I stopped eating gluten and sugar recently, but I kind of wished that I’d cheated now. I felt too dumb to say that before because it makes me sound like one of those obnoxious people with food restrictions, ha!

Sara/Matchbox Kitchen Reply:

Yes, I’ll be there!
    Best wishes giving up gluten and sugar, I tried to do a cleanse and couldn’t even last one day!

Natalie (Fashion Intel) Reply:

I too gave up gluten, sugar & dairy and it has almost been a month now. I’ve never felt better! Would love to swap recipes with you Kate. Have you been to Cafe Gratitude yet? A must on my list, so delicious. P.S. Wanted to check in to see that you received my email response.

16. PS by Dila Says:

February 7th, 2012 at 6:01 am

Gorgeous pictures! I need a cappuccino..

17. Kate Says:

February 7th, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Handmade and Damn Handsome. How do people come up with names like this? Genius. That’s exactly what I’ve always thought about my morning coffee, but I just never managed to put it into words.

18. Natalie (Fashion Intel) Says:

February 8th, 2012 at 12:19 am

Love Handsome Coffee & wish I could’ve made it to the event so we could finally meet!

19. Kasia Says:

February 8th, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I always enjoy your ‘bits of my weekend’ photos :)

look forward to seeing more x

20. Jjanga Says:

February 9th, 2012 at 8:58 am

Ohhh looks so yummy! :) I love handmade coffee, beats any Starbucks that’s for sure!

xoxo, Jjanga