Bits Of My Weekend

February 13th, 2012

ranunculus at the table | arrows at the Rose Bowl | breakfast (super successful grain free banana bread!) | a smirky leopard coat pose from Taylor | The Story Of Blood – surprisingly disappointing inside for that rad cover | chicken, kale, and leeks | Burbank sunset

There were brunches and family and Downton Abbey and the Rose Bowl and an art opening, but all I want to tell you about is that it’s happened: I feel at home. I f*cking love LA. I don’t have that exact list yet (and I don’t know if there ever will be one), but I at least have the feeling down.

21 Responses to “Bits Of My Weekend”

1. melissa blake Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 8:18 am

I looove those flowers!

2. HRCK the Herald Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 8:23 am

Glad you had a great weekend and are feeling good in LA. And I love all the pops of color in this post. Makes me happy!

3. Claire * lolaisbeauty Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 8:24 am

That first picture was enough to make me seriously consider getting up and going out in the rain to find some ranunculus immediately. So cheery. And you feel at home! Such a good feeling…

4. Francine Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 8:29 am

Congrats on feeling at home! The moment that I first did was the best feeling ever.

And the Story of Blood looks a little creepy.

5. Estherina's World Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 8:36 am

Gorgeous pictures!

6. Jjanga Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 8:42 am

Your food looks yummy! :)

xoxo, Jjanga

7. maria Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 9:04 am

oh that feeling- that being home and actually feeling it in the depths of who you are- i envy you.

8. Erica Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 9:19 am

Yay, for feeling at home! I’d love to visit the Rose Bowl someday, it looks full of treasures.

9. kelly Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 9:43 am

YES! Best place ever.

10. Orchid Grey Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 10:39 am

It’s funny because as soon as this post loaded, it was clear that you’re in good spirits, and I’m so happy to see that you’re happy! I recently re-located to a new state that I’m still feeling “eh” towards, I look forward to the day that I feel truly comfortable as well. Your weekend looks like it was wonderful!

11. Rebecca - A Daily Something Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 11:23 am

THOSE FLOWERS!!!! So gorgeous. I need to get my hands on some ranunculus ASAP. Also, did you BUY those arrows?! If so, that’s just so awesome!!

12. katy Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 11:35 am

love it! home is a sweet place to be!

how funny- I gave blood last week and started researching my blood type because I used to have the “diet for your blood type diet” and i supposed to be a hardcore vegetarian/vegan…but it is quite interesting. some people in japan actually use blood tyoe as criterion for dating and have compatiblity charts like horoscopes…random tidbit for ya!

love the ranaculus + arrows + cute boy + deliousness + pretty sunset

13. Liz Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Oh my goodness, that first photo made me absolutely ache for the real world… the Antarctic is beautiful and all but it does not contain reds that pop like your ranunculus. Savoring every photo, per usual.

14. Rachel Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 2:23 pm

It makes me happy when people find that feeling of home in L.A. I’m a native S. Californian & I’ve called Pasadena home for the past 12 years & I’m even more happy & proud to call Pasadena my special community. Keep enjoying those beautiful sunsets :)

15. Katie Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Uh oh. This post just made me feel like I need to high tail it out of BK and head straight for the West Coast. Did you ever feel at home in NY? Or is this a new feeling–just for LA.

16. Daniela Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Kate,
    Just wanted to say that your photos of my hometown have kept me sane on some particularly mopey days here in Korea. It’s been a year and a half since I’ve been home now, and I’m starting to miss the place like I never thought possible.

Thanks for keeping the homesickness at bay.

17. indreams Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 6:24 pm

i wish i could bite my tongue on this one, but DAMN is that boy ever delicious. good thing i can’t jump through the screen, heh.

moving along! those flowers are amazing…i really need to get some ranunculus to cheer up this mopey apt of ours. the colours are so vivid, almost painterly. lovely. :)

and lastly, i’m glad you’re starting to feel as though LA is home. it’s always so tough picking up and moving somewhere so different, so congrats on taking it (and everything else this past year) in stride.

18. Kate Says:

February 13th, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Jeez ladies, that’s my baby cousin you’re talking about! Ok, he’s not really a baby anymore…

19. Purple Deer Says:

February 14th, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Those ranunculus are gorgeous!

20. Trude Says:

February 15th, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Hooray for Downton Abbey and feeling at home! There’s a lot to be said for only ever having to deal with rain and heat, weather-wise. :) The Rose Bowl is just too much for me, I prefer Long Beach or other smaller fleas in Orange County. Less driving and less mind-overload. ;)

21. Sara/Matchbox Kitchen Says:

February 16th, 2012 at 11:09 pm

So happy to hear that you feel at home. Although I’ve lived in LA most of my life it wasn’t until a few months ago that I started feeling comfortable enough to call LA home.