Bits Of My Weekend

February 20th, 2012

orange juice making (thank you, California)sushi eating face/hey, look, hair! | ramen cheating | sun basking | owl sighting at the flea | taco reward

Oh dear, where to start? Busiest, best weekend ever. Lots of neighborhood exploring, coffee drinking, pickle and sauerkraut making with Jessica at SQIRL (a highly recommended class! more here – I just noticed she has a tea making class coming up and I am tempted), a visit to MOCA, ramen in Little Tokyo (cheated on my no gluten and sugar thing like 800 million times, sigh). Then a very early and successful trip to the Long Beach flea with Lisa where we both found awesome furniture! That never happens to me. I got two bedside dressers that need a little TLC so I’m going to clean them up before sharing photos. The weekend was concluded with beer and burgers at Umami (Cheater McCheaterson) and watching the greatest SNL episode in forevs. I slept like a baby last night.

19 Responses to “Bits Of My Weekend”

1. Lexie Says:

February 20th, 2012 at 9:27 am

in the best way, these pictures seem to reflect how your life has seemingly gone back to normal. they make me so happy!

Lexie Reply:

too many seems there, oops! :-)

2. ethanollie Says:

February 20th, 2012 at 10:19 am

you have to cheat on this diet or you will go buck crazy. trust me…one cheat day does wonders. congrats on the hair (will) and the furniture (you). great weekend!

3. Jennie Says:

February 20th, 2012 at 10:26 am

You’re so right, Saturday night’s SNL episode was sooo funny!

4. Kate {Something Fabulous} Says:

February 20th, 2012 at 10:34 am

Wonderful photos as usual!

Kate {Something Fabulous} x

5. Margie Says:

February 20th, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Yay the beard’s back!

6. Taru Says:

February 20th, 2012 at 4:21 pm

i cannot begin to tell you how much i miss freshly squeezed orange juice in the mornings, they don’t have oranges here in the Caribbean.. fresh guava juice is ok too but beautiful, aromatic, bright-colored oranges.. that would be something right now. enjoy a glass for me pls

Taru from World Tour Stories – two lovers sailing around the world

7. pam Says:

February 20th, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Love Will’s face expression…cracks me up! enjoy!

8. indreams Says:

February 20th, 2012 at 6:16 pm

yum, i can see why you’d cheat, haha. also, i’ve been thinking of buying a little juicer like yours for summertime (sadly, the only time there’s good citrus around)…what kind are you using?

9. Kylin Says:

February 20th, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Pickling and sauerkraut making are items high on my agenda for this spring! That last taco photo is making me long for California. Also, I think it might be time to buy a hand juicer (your grapefruits and cute yellow device have won me over).

10. Amy w Says:

February 20th, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Sounds like a brilliant weekend! I’d love to hear more about your no sugar/gluten diet if you feel like sharing. Will’s hair is lookin mighty fine!

11. joyce Says:

February 21st, 2012 at 12:54 am

Ooh, where’d you get ramen? Shin Sen Gumi on Central is my new fave! Ahem, in case there are any other cheat days in your future. I am thinking about giving up sugar too, though. I did it once and felt so good, but I can’t seem to find my willpower lately. :X

12. ND Says:

February 21st, 2012 at 7:33 am

Love the picture of Will. Makes me so happy for you both! Enjoy!

13. Claire Says:

February 21st, 2012 at 9:15 am

Yeah Will, you badass hair-grower, loving your work!

14. Natalie (Fashion Intel) Says:

February 21st, 2012 at 11:16 am

Where is that taco from?

15. Sara/Matchbox Kitchen Says:

February 21st, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I was debating for so long about the pickling class, good to know it was worthwhile (not that I suspected otherwise). So funny that you mention the tea class as I’ve been researching lately on how to make my own teas. That one just might be out of my budget though unfortunately.

16. juli Says:

February 21st, 2012 at 4:25 pm

this sounds like an amazing weekend! ramen is the best comfort meal.

17. Purple Deer Says:

February 21st, 2012 at 5:00 pm

“…White butler seems really into it…”

18. Hope Gabouer Says:

February 24th, 2012 at 1:12 am

Found your website on Google while
    checking a customer from our website.
    Like your website, and just want to tell it …