Weekly Music

March 22nd, 2012

On such a ladies kick the past few months, is it just me or are we having kind of a ’90s girl rock/folk revival? Or maybe it’s just that I am? Resisting my annual urge to learn to play the guitar again. On repeat, a little late on hearing some of these:

8 Responses to “Weekly Music”

1. ethanollie Says:

March 22nd, 2012 at 2:36 pm

oh gosh, i’ll take that sort of revival any day. great selection kate!

2. gia Says:

March 23rd, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Nice job- once again. I think we have similar taste in music. I think the third song is sung with Devotchka. Do you know them? Epic. I rollerbladed last summer with them on my ipod and I sware, I was flying listening to them. They are amazing for long walks too. A boy introduced me to them. I still think about him. :)

Kate Reply:

It’s actually Zach Condon from Beirut singing with Sharon. I’ll have to check out Devotchka though!

gia Reply:

Oh sweet! I get the two mixed up! Yeah, they are both so unique.

3. Kate {Something Fabulous} Says:

March 24th, 2012 at 1:28 am

Thank you for sharing such wonderful songs, Kate! x

4. Alison Says:

March 24th, 2012 at 6:37 am

Love these picks! Luckily have seen two out of the three in concert!

5. Liz Says:

March 24th, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Thank you for these suggestions! I just downloaded Sharon Van Etten’s album (Tramp) becuase of your post and I’m currently obsessed!

6. cori Says:

March 25th, 2012 at 2:42 pm

i cannot stop listening to sharon van etten song. and i thought i recognized beiruts contributions – thanks for clearing that up!