Friday Bits

April 20th, 2012

Is anyone else having a dragging your heels kind of week? It’s taking me ages to get the simplest tasks done – I blame this amazing weather. I spent way too much time on the internet this week, here are a few of my favorite gems:

1. Dabito’s blog, Old Brand New, is one of my favorite new to me blogs as he has impecable taste that’s refreshingly accessible and not so obnoxiously aspirational like so many home blogs can feel to me. His home tour on Apartment Therapy is so great and I’m super jealous of his thrifting skills. Teach me everything you know, Dabito?

2. Beautiful, crazy in the best way possible patterns by Catalina Estrada for Anunciaçao. This embroidered dress is my favorite.

3. Speaking of dresses, check out Lissa’s super awesome dark side of the moon dress.

4. A fantastic article about Fiona Apple’s comeback by Lindsay Zoladz. You may know I’ve been an obsessive fan since I was 14 years old, so this struck so many chords. Somewhere in a box is my Tidal CD booklet with all the words I didn’t know underlined, which I looked up in the dictionary.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Super excited to check out the Cai Guo-Qiang show at the Geffen, eat ramen (absolutely required when in Little Tokyo), make Rena teach me all her secrets, and anyone in LA MUST COME to Brian Ferry’s opening at Standard Goods on Saturday night – ok? It’s going to be great, I know it.

13 Responses to “Friday Bits”

1. Kate {Something Fabulous} Says:

April 20th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I love that beautiful embroidered dress!

2. indreams Says:

April 20th, 2012 at 1:14 pm

i love lissa’s dress! doesn’t the fabric really pop with that dress design? *swoon* if she’d had more, i would have made her an offer…and i’m not even the hugest pink floyd fan! :)

happy weekend…

3. Jena Says:

April 20th, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Fiona comeback!? YES! That just made my day, I love her too. I played piano growing up & love playing the Tidal songs! I actually just went back to the parents house this past weekend and was just playing never is a promise! I’m getting my piano back for my bday this year & now I’ll have new Fiona Apple songs to play on it?! Excitement overload. Glad you’re a fellow fan girl!! <3 Off to read the article. Happy weekend!

4. rena Says:

April 20th, 2012 at 7:57 pm

i’m coming for ya, lady. see you super soon.

5. katemargaret Says:

April 21st, 2012 at 8:52 am

just got my tickets for fiona in portland this summer. extreme excitement + teenage dream.

6. Claire Maxwell Says:

April 22nd, 2012 at 10:03 am

LOVE both dresses. Gorgeous.

7. Pauline Says:

April 23rd, 2012 at 6:12 am

Thanks for the link to the Fiona Apple article! So excited she’s doing her thing again, now to look up her show schedule!

8. Lisa Says: