Weekly Music: Nick Waterhouse + Sydney Wayser

May 28th, 2012

I’ve had a fantastic Nick Waterhouse song on a Mondo Boys mix for a while now, and when it came on random on Saturday I realized, why have I never looked this guy up? I assumed the song was vintage with that big band bluesy sound, but boy was I wrong. It’s very new and he’s a dashing young man. His new album Time’s All Gone is nothing short of mind blowing, perfect for a warm summer day. Listen to it on Spotify.

Sydney Wayser is a little bit Feist, a little bit Sharon Van Etton and a lot of magic that’s all her own. Definitely check her beautiful new album Bell Choir Coast out in its entirety on Bandcamp or below. Thanks to Diana for the introduction.

12 Responses to “Weekly Music: Nick Waterhouse + Sydney Wayser”

1. Liz Says:

May 28th, 2012 at 10:45 am

Yes! I’ve been all about that big bang sound lately, thanks for the new find!

2. indreams Says:

May 28th, 2012 at 11:42 am

that is such a fun video for nick waterhouse’s song! i had no clue he was that young either – hooray for the younger generation finally making some seriously old-school sounds! :)

3. Adriane /// The A & B Stories Says:

May 28th, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I love that I can always count on you to bring us amazing music!!

4. Lauren Hope Says:

May 28th, 2012 at 11:17 pm

What a perfect way to describe her music! What a great summer sound :)

5. fawn Says:

May 29th, 2012 at 11:01 am

I’d kill for a new Mondo Boys mix… ;)

6. Sydney Says:

May 29th, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Oh my gosh, I’m so so so so happy you posted about Sydney! We went to school together (and yes, have the same name) and she is just the best. “Bell Choir Coast” is amazing, I’m so glad you like it!!

7. bigBANG studio Says:

May 30th, 2012 at 10:24 am

Just what I needed to get me through a loooongass day in the studio. MWA.

8. t Says:

May 30th, 2012 at 3:14 pm

i got his record a few weeks ago and SWOON! i also didn’t realize he was so dashing, but hello.

9. samantha hahn Says:

May 30th, 2012 at 8:11 pm

cool. been looking for some new things to listen to.

10. Jackie Says:

May 31st, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Great picks as always, Kate! Nick Waterhouse will be playing a free concert at the Getty on July 28th by the way. You might like JD McPherson too, though he’s vintage-sounding in a slightly different way (show @McCabe’s on June 9th).

11. Fashion & Beauty: Weekly Web Roundup, 6/1 Says:

June 1st, 2012 at 7:31 am

[...] For Me, For You spotlights musical talents Nick Waterhouse and Sydney Wayser, both of which will now be making appearances on my warm-weather playlists. [...]

12. high five fave friday! « ifandany Says:

June 15th, 2012 at 10:01 pm

[...] me for you recently posted this fab nick waterhouse music video, and i really really like this song. hence the [...]