Jewelry Making Class in Austin

August 17th, 2012

photo via the Feliz website, not taken by me

Attention Texans! (and Texas visitors) While I’m in town for Feliz in November in Austin, I will be teaching a beginning jewelry class! Some other wonderful Feliz vendors will also be teaching classes, so check the Feliz blog on Monday for more information on those. I’m getting really excited about the lineup of makers so far.

Here are the details:

Workshop Title:
Beginning Beaded Jewelry Design
Date/Time:
Saturday, 11/3
4-6pm
An absolute beginners class on learning how to make a necklace using beads and brass chain. You’ll not only learn the basics of using tools and materials to make your own creations, but gain skills that you can then use to fix or re-imagine your jewelry collection. You will walk away from the class with one finished necklace. Your materials fee will cover a kit I will provide for you with all the supplies necessary, including a set of pliers to keep. If you have beads or pendants (loose or part of existing jewelry) you’d like to bring to the class, please feel free to bring them.
If you are allergic to brass, please get in touch and we can coordinate getting different materials for you at an additional cost.
$65 + $25 materials fee – max of 10 students. 2 hours long.

Location:
Casa De Luz
Cielo South room
1701 Toomey Road
Austin, TX 78704

The class will go on sale in my jewelry shop this coming Monday (August 20th) at 8am CST. You can buy a spot and them camp out until the rest of the shop opens a few hours later:) I hope to see some new faces at either the class or sale on Sunday!

13 Responses to “Jewelry Making Class in Austin”

1. Kaley Says:

August 18th, 2012 at 7:14 am

Wahoo! I have been following your blog for some time now and am so excited that you will be in Austin! I cannot wait for this:)

2. Rox Says:

August 18th, 2012 at 10:58 am

ahh!! please do this in LA!! I would sign up in a heartbeat. :)

3. Renee Says:

August 19th, 2012 at 1:51 am

$90 to learn how to string beads on a chain and take home a pair of pliers. You can’t be serious.

Kate Reply:

Not that I need to explain it to someone who obviously has beef with me that won’t be fixed through explanation, but for anyone else who is wondering – this is not a class to learn how to “string beads on chain and take home a pair of pliers”. It’s how to use headpins, open and close jump rings, form wire, etc. Learning how to use the pliers alone takes practice and skill. And the $25 fee is for a SET of five pliers, and that is the exact cost for the entire set, I’m providing materials for everyone to make necklaces out of pocket so I could keep the materials fee as low as possible.

If you don’t like it, don’t take it. Don’t belittle me on my blog, please.

4. Jane Says:

August 20th, 2012 at 6:45 am

i’d pay $90 bucks for this class in a heartbeat! i’d love to learn from a talented, generous artist like yourself. so worth it. come to nyc!!

5. Abby Says:

August 20th, 2012 at 11:42 am

Kate, we are so lucky to have you! Your class is going to be amazing. Thank you!

6. sallie Says:

August 21st, 2012 at 1:49 pm

i’m an austinite and i SO want to take this class! but i’ll be out of the country when the class goes on sale. maybe i can get a friend to sign me up. hmmm…

Kate Reply:

Sallie, the class is on sale right now! Only a couple spots left :)

7. Aimee Says:

August 23rd, 2012 at 10:52 am

I signed up! I can’t wait to attend (and meet you)! November feels too far away..

8. Clarissa Says:

August 23rd, 2012 at 8:19 pm

was totally going to sign up…until I had to spend $1000 this week on my 16 year old dog’s vet bills. ugh. still debating and dreading seeing that it’s sold out.

9. Jessie Says:

August 24th, 2012 at 10:37 am

I’m in Austin, and I’ve recently been wanting to take a class like this. Now I’ll get to learn some stuff and meet you too! Looking forward to it, and to the sale.

10. Sophie Coronado Says:

August 16th, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I would love to go to this, I am interested in making jewelry.

11. swarovski deals Says: