Winter Collection Sneak Peek: Debuting in Austin

October 31st, 2012

I’m hopping on a train to Austin to head to Feliz, so I thought I’d give you all a peek of a few things that I’ll have for sale there from the brand new Winter 2012 Collection! It’s also a peek for my online shoppers as the new collection will be coming to the shop in a couple weeks after my look book shoot. I’ll go into more detail when the collection is released, but the biggest addition is some cool beaded strands, a new cast piece (not pictured), bracelets, and my most exciting new skill learned: fired bronze clay. If you don’t know what that is, it’s a clay material that is a mixture of microscopic metal particles held together with an organic binder and water. The binder and water burn away when fired in a kiln, and what remains is pure bronze metal. The resulting pieces are are organically shaped and each is fairly unique from one another, which I love. It’s been quite a journey learning how to work with it, but it means lots of new interesting pieces in coming collections.

I can’t wait to meet some new faces at Feliz and present the new collection! I’ll be back home next week, so until then, have a great week everyone.

11 Responses to “Winter Collection Sneak Peek: Debuting in Austin”

1. julia Says:

October 31st, 2012 at 9:25 am

looks beautiful kate! i really love the top right piece- the beaded strands are gorgeous. have fun in austin!!

2. Jackie Says:

October 31st, 2012 at 10:02 am

Awesome! I especially love the top left necklace and those bracelets are fab too.

3. Kelli Says:

October 31st, 2012 at 10:56 am

Wow! These look so lovely, Kate. Makes me wish I still lived in Austin!

4. Mfree Says:

October 31st, 2012 at 11:50 am

really love these pieces. I was wondering if your jewelry was for sale at any stores in LA?

Kate Reply:

There are amulets at Myrtle and some beaded clay + maybe some cast necklaces left at Individual Medley (they might be sold out). Individual Medley will probably be stocking the new collection later in November!

Kate Reply:

Oh also, I’m going to be doing a pop-up shop in December here, so stay tuned for that info!

5. Roxy Says:

October 31st, 2012 at 2:19 pm

…have fun in Austin!! you’re going to sell out like woah. xoxo

6. Becky! Says:

October 31st, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I’m so bummed I can’t make Feliz now. The line looks lovely! At least I can view from afar? [THE INTERNET]

Best of luck and safe travels. You are going to love Austin.

7. mon Says:

November 1st, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I’m visiting a friend in Austin this weekend and we’re stopping by Feliz on Sunday before I fly back to SF! Hooray!

8. Sarah Says:

November 2nd, 2012 at 9:33 am

Love the pieces! Do you have any available for sale in stores in the NYC area?

9. Laura Says:

November 4th, 2012 at 2:08 am

these are just beautiful!!