Feliz on Film

November 12th, 2012

I’m quite sad because most of the photos I took at Feliz came back ridiculously underexposed, like I had some weird setting on I wasn’t aware of because I was shooting with a meter and it was telling me everything was fine. It was dimly lit and moody inside, but this makes it look pretty intense, ha! So I had to omit a lot of my photos as they were just too dark. This is a slightly better photo of my table. At least you get the idea: wonderful, talented makers coming together in Austin for one magical day. I met so many amazing makers and customers alike, learned a lot about my customers and brand, and fell in love with Austin. Like, a lot. Like, we didn’t want to leave a lot.

The biggest, biggest, biggest thank you ever to Abby, Natalie, Leigh, and all the amazing Feliz interns. I was equally blown away and totally not surprised at all by how beautiful the day was at your hands. And I can’t forget to thank all of my lovely students who took my classes as well. I had so much fun and I can’t wait to figure out when I can teach a class here in LA soon.

And Austin, I will be back.

ps. the new collection seen here is coming Wednesday, so the rest of my stock and samples are super duper on sale in my shop the next two days!

21 Responses to “Feliz on Film”

1. Anabela Says:

November 12th, 2012 at 8:50 am

I’ve been waiting to see pictures of this event so I’m so happy to see these! I think they still turned out lovely — looks like such a good time.

Kate Reply:

I wish you could have beeeeen there!!

2. Natalie / Half Asleep Studio Says:

November 12th, 2012 at 9:19 am

This looks awesome! It’s a good thing I didn’t know about it because I would have wanted to buy like… everything.

3. Anne Says:

November 12th, 2012 at 10:19 am

I love the way you exposed those. They’re not overly luminous and that’s what’s appealing about your style. They’re very warm. I guess now you know that you need to add a stop or more to your meter readings. That’s what I do with mine. It stopped working a couple of days ago and I’ve had to use an iPhone app that I’m not sure is very reliable.

This seemed like such a great event!

Kate Reply:

It’s odd because the last film photos I posted were from the same camera! I think I must have flipped some switch or something or set it to the wrong film speed on accident. Ah, film.

4. Francine Says:

November 12th, 2012 at 11:19 am

Well these photos looked great! I love the cute ways each table displays their tags and cards.

5. callie Says:

November 12th, 2012 at 11:47 am

omg I WANT EVERYTHING!!

6. Naomi Says:

November 12th, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Love the film images!

7. olalla Says:

November 12th, 2012 at 1:13 pm

what a LOVELY place <3

8. Dennise Says:

November 12th, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Your shop says it’s under construction, does that mean you’re sold out? Was I not quick enough? Rats! :)

Kate Reply:

Yep, all gone!

9. jamie Says:

November 13th, 2012 at 7:18 am

look how cute will looks behind that table… glad to hear it went well!!

can’t wait to see the new collection :)

10. anon Says:

November 13th, 2012 at 6:32 pm

It’s difficult to shoot inside, unless there is *a lot* of light. What ISO film were you using? Next time you can use a flash, or use a tripod for your camera.

Kate Reply:

Oh for sure, I’ve shot a lot of film:) I just shot three other rolls at the same time, all outside, and they were also underexposed so something was definitely up.

anon Reply:

Ah, I see! I’ve been had by my film camera meters plenty of times before too. =]

11. Natalie Meteoroid Says:

November 15th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Kate! I wish I could have attended this. I was in Austin at the same time as you but for a music festical. It was also my first time in Austin, and i fell SO IN LOVE WITH IT. So in love I already booked a flight back in a month. I love your new amulets ^_^

12. chau Says:

November 16th, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Hi Kate,

I’m glad you guys had a good time in Austin. It was nice to meet you and Will, and best of luck in all that y’all do. And congrats on the new collection!

13. Megan Says:

November 17th, 2012 at 9:19 am

I rather like the underexposed look. These are great and your merch is delightful!

14. MissNatalie // Canoe Says:

November 19th, 2012 at 6:36 am

Thank you SO much for being part of FELIZ, Kate! We loved having you and hope to get you back out to Austin soon.

15. alana Says:

December 6th, 2012 at 6:31 pm

this looks like such a sweet and awesome event :)

16. Feliz’d Says: