A visit to the Huntington Gardens

December 12th, 2012

A few weeks ago we went with some friends to the Huntington Gardens in Pasadena and I brought along my digital camera for the first time in ages. It was the perfect cool, sunny day to roam around amazing desert cacti, Asian gardens, and a tropical greenhouse. It might be one of my favorite places ever, and I wish we could have a renegade wedding among the fuzzy cacti there. (Fact:the rental fee for weddings is $100,000 HA!)

9 Responses to “A visit to the Huntington Gardens”

1. Ashley Says:

December 12th, 2012 at 9:43 am

Isn’t that rental fee the most ludicrous thing ever?!? The best part is how the website says some BS about how they want to ensure they only host weddings of a certain ‘cache’. GOT to be kidding me.

In other news, those photos are killer!

rhiannon [sewn branches] Reply:

that’s such bs. ugh.

2. Nicole @ Treasure Tromp Says:

December 12th, 2012 at 11:23 am

these are so lovely – the rental fee, not so much

3. Marta Says:

December 12th, 2012 at 11:52 am

Amazing photos Kate. I must visit, since I only live 3 miles away.

4. Rebek Says:

December 12th, 2012 at 8:43 pm

You have to go to Lotusland in Montecito. It’ll blow your mind. http://www.lotusland.org/

5. caroline Says:

December 13th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I love the Huntington Garden but what I enjoy even more is driving by the San Marino neighborhood! Such beautiful Californian homes.

6. Annie Miller Says:

January 4th, 2013 at 6:59 am

I love your pictures especially the different cactus. The place looks so serene and I would love to go there one day.

7. glass base wedding guest book pen Says:

January 8th, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea
    shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the
    shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely
    off topic but I had to tell someone!

8. kelly Says:

January 22nd, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I can’t believe I lived right around the corner for so many years and never took the opportunity to visit. I really need to make LA my move this year. It’s where I belong.