Work/Shop: Success!

December 14th, 2012

IMG_0058IMG_0017
IMG_9983 IMG_9992  IMG_0034 IMG_0037 IMG_0043  IMG_0060
IMG_0086 IMG_0121 IMG_0152 IMG_0189 IMG_0196 IMG_0199 IMG_0238 IMG_0113
IMG_0250

Work/Shop was such a success and so much fun. I just wanted to thank everyone who came out and purchased from us and/or hung out and drank 3.5 liters of cider in a record 30 minutes. Apologies to those who came later and got Tecate Lite. Who knew you guys were such lushes? The night was full of such pretty things, I couldn’t walk away empty handed. It was fun seeing Morgan‘s new venture, too!

Thank your Laure for the lovely photos (first photo of Will and I together in, like, a year?? Letting my snaggletooth fly in these photos), Michael for the awesome DJing, Bianca for the space, and Laura for lighting help* and moral support. And boys like Bradney and Chris for their muscles. I love LA, my friends, and customers so much.

*tip: you cannot plug more than two strands of market lights together, and you most definitely cannot plug ten together.

15 Responses to “Work/Shop: Success!”

1. anja Says:

December 14th, 2012 at 9:41 am

Looks so cozy! I mean I know you’re wearing sweaters and coats but we could never have an outdoor evening event like that here at this time of year, so I’m feeling the warmth even if it’s in my imagination. PS I love your lil’ toothy smile. So cute.

2. Katie Says:

December 14th, 2012 at 11:05 am

You guys all look so LA warm & fuzzy! Sad I missed it, so glad it went well.

3. t Says:

December 14th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

congrats kate! this looks amazing. i love will’s bow tie.

4. Courtney Says:

December 14th, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Aww, Will and Kate. So great to see you two smiling and happy.

5. Laure Says:

December 16th, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Had so much fun. And love my ladies, duh.

6. Kelsey Hibberd Says:

December 16th, 2012 at 10:17 pm

These photos are so beautiful – it looks like such a great night! That puppy is adorable, too. Congratulations!

7. Alex Says:

December 18th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

And a beautiful snaggle-tooth it is! This looks like it was a blast!

8. Jackie Says:

December 19th, 2012 at 11:34 am

This looks amazing! I’m new to your site (also live in LA)–where can I find out about other work/shop events like this?

Kate Reply:

I’m not sure if you mean other sales like this? Because I’m not sure, I just hear about things via the blog world and word of mouth. Other people may have good recommendations for event listings, I don’t use any. As for work/shop, there may be more events in the future, but we have no plans yet!

9. rox Says:

December 20th, 2012 at 11:13 am

so bummed I missed this! but I’m so happy it was a success for you. that photo you and will is just lovely…you two look so damn.happy. xoxo

10. ashley english Says:

December 20th, 2012 at 3:24 pm

you are so insanely adorable! add will to the photo and the cute overload reaches critical mass! so, so sweet!!!!

11. k Says:

January 9th, 2013 at 11:37 am

where can i find those freestanding lightbulbs?

Kate Reply:

Those are Morgan’s: http://campprovision.bigcartel.com/ You could email her about them?

12. bigBANG studio Says:

January 9th, 2013 at 3:38 pm

A belated CONGRATS, woman. SOOOO jealous of all those LA ladies that got to revel in your wares and company. Hugs. xo

13. Tomika Florida Says:

October 7th, 2013 at 1:57 pm

This is one of the coolest things! I can’t wait to read more :)