My Favorite Photos of 2013

I felt off my game this year. I’ll elaborate later in my resolutions post when I can wrap my head around writing it, but specifically talking about my photography, I shot a handful of photos that I really love and added additions to my print shop I was excited about – and that’s definitely great – but overall didn’t reach my goals to shoot more people or figure out a focus for my work. I didn’t get as serious as I meant to. You can see my intentions to shoot more portraits in the beginning of the year, and then everything took a bit of a break over the summer (weddings, damn, they consume your life). So I make the same resolution for my photography this year as last year: more portraits. But also, I want to start a series of sorts. Or find a theme I’ve already started to continue. And as always, more adventures to shoot, even though that’s easy as my surrounding lend themselves to pretty photos easily. I have way too many goals for this year, but I’ll try to keep that all in mind in the back of my head.

So, my favorite photos – 1 per month:

December

November

October

September

August

July

June (didn’t really take photos that month!)

May

April

March

February

January

Comments

1. Melissa says

I’ve seen and enjoyed all these photos over the past year, but here, individually, oh my! What a talent! Can’t wait to see what 2014 brings for you.

Great shots. I’ve felt off my game this year as well, mainly because I’ve taken the lazy route and have been using my phone instead of my real camera. Maybe in 2014 I can get back to the camera.

These are amazing Kate! I think any big life event, like a wedding or having a kid, makes it hard to feel like you accomplish as much as you’d like. But looking in from the outside, seems like you are just as on your game as always :)

I always meant to comment on your jewellery shoot in November. Amazing amazing. I loved that most of all. I actually woke up thinking about it one morning. So talented. All the best for 2014! Sophie

I was going to ask you to bring back a bits series (maybe bits of my month??) on your camera! But maybe that’s a tall request! ;)

These are lovely!

6. Autumn says

That December one…I’ll admit, I saved it to a desktop it’s so beautiful. I would love to buy a proper print. You let me know if you ever plan on selling that one in a somewhat bigger (it deserves it) size. Happy New Year, Kate. Can’t wait to see what this year brings.